Make an impact by working for sectors where technology is the enabler, where everything is ground-breaking and there’s a constant need to be innovative. Be part of the team that combines business knowledge, technological edge and a design experience - who complement and help each other in developing solutions and experiences for digital clients. Face challenges and learn other ways of thinking and seeing the world. There’s always room for your energy and creativity.
About the role
The SW Development Manager will have a central role in leading and mentoring a group of developers and testers, organized mainly in Agile teams.
This position represents an opportunity to be based in Lisbon working with a variety of international stakeholders and undertake different responsibilities including team leading, technology stack strategy, application development, code quality assurance and code security compliance.
As a SW Development Manager, your responsabilities will be:
- To be responsible for a medium size team of junior to senior backend and frontend developers and testers
- Lead, coach and develop the members of your team
- Assess team competences and needs and plan team growth and development
- Source, hire and onboard new members on the SW Development team
- Support the Demand Manager on new proposals elaboration
- Identify, define and improve team processes
- Report to management team
- Provide technical leadership throughout the lifecycle of the projects
- To be responsible for the team’s code quality measures, such as ensuring that adequate code reviews are being conducted, and that the team’s technical standards (such as TDD) are being upheld
- Identify risks and impact on the project solution implementation
- Ensure the best practices in software design and development
- Guide and support team on the following activities: Build, deploy and maintain docker containers within a Kubernetes environment; Implement features using SQL, NoSQL, message queues and streams; Design API contracts; Implement and maintain web services, microservices and web applications.
What are we looking for?
- 8+ years’ experience managing software development teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- Established skill designing and developing complex and interactive backend/fronted web applications (ideally, in Telco or IT related industry)
- Experience with the full life cycle of software development, including requirements analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and delivery
- Fully committed on delivering software with quality, on scope and on time
- Agile mindset and Agile experience as Tech Lead
- Experience in CI/CD
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the Telco Industry
- Cloud experience (Azure, AWS and/or GCP)
We want people who like to roll up their sleeves and open their minds. Believe this is you? Come join the Team!