Make an impact by working for sectors where technology is the enabler, where everything is ground-breaking and there’s a constant need to be innovative. Be part of the team that combines business knowledge, technological edge and a design experience - who complement and help each other in developing solutions and experiences for digital clients. Face challenges and learn other ways of thinking and seeing the world. There’s always room for your energy and creativity.
About the role
We are seeking a full-time hands-on Cloud Optimization Specialist to serve as the principal lead in managing the resource and cost usage of the cloud environment. The purpose of this role is to ensure we are using our cloud instances effectively, eliminating unnecessary spending, and obtaining clear visibility on our usage.
In this role, you will be responsible for proactively collaborating with the Engineering groups:
• to design, implement and optimize the pricing model (e.g. SaaS, Cloud only, etc.)
• execute cost-cutting methods, and
• ensure cloud spending and usage constructively supports organizational growth.
The ideal candidate will have experience in cloud resource management, specifically, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and will be self-motivated and be detail-oriented. The ideal candidate takes ownership over forecasting future cloud expenditures and verifies that we are making the most out of our cloud investments.
• Generate and present financial analysis of our public cloud computing spend.
• Analyze spend trends, opportunities for savings, and advise with specific recommendations for improvement.
• Design tools and automation scripts that enable developers to easily monitor and manage services delivered by the team
• Find anomalies in usage patterns and give quick feedback in order to course correct
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role working with AWS Cloud (ideally) or other Public Clouds
- Proposal Pricing and budgeting experience for complex projects
- Proved implementation of dynamic pricing models
- Experience with the full life cycle of software development, including requirements analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and delivery
Nice to have:
- Familiar with AWS Services:
- Compute/Storage: EC2, AMI, EBS, S3 (and S3 bucket policy), CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Lambda Functions
- Automation Tools: AWS CLI, Boto3, Terraform and/or CloudFormation, AWS Control Tower, AWS Cost Control
- Event and Messaging: SNS, SQS, CloudWatch Events,
- Connectities: ALB/NLB, AWS Certificate Manager, Route53, API Gateway, CloudFront
- Other Containers: ECS, EKS, or K8S / on AWS
- Scripting with python, bash, powershell or related technology
- Demonstrate good understanding of modern, cloud-native application models and patterns
- Ability to adapt to different contexts, teams and Clients
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset with strong focus on results
- Teamwork skills but also sense of autonomy
- Motivation for international projects and ok if travel is included
- Willingness to collaborate with other players
- Strong communication skills
- Assertiveness, able to influence and negotiate at different levels of the organization
We want people who like to roll up their sleeves and open their minds. Believe this is you? Come join the Team!