Make an impact by working for sectors where technology is the enabler, everything is ground-breaking and there’s a constant need to be innovative.
Be part of the team that combines business knowledge, technological edge and a design experience. Our different backgrounds and know-how are key in developing solutions and experiences for digital clients.
Face challenges and learn other ways of thinking and seeing the world - there’s always room for your energy and creativity.
We are looking for mid-level Java/Backend Developers to join the Celfocus Software Engineering Guild in Portugal.
Someone with solid knowledge in java solutions and in the technologies commonly used in these solutions. Someone that is eager to try new trends, new stacks and innovative approaches to our solutions would be the best fit. Disruptive mindset, not getting demotivated by failure, out of the box thinking and the wiliness to take the risk, is the mindset we are looking for!
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining Java/Backend applications that are often high-volume and low-latency, required for mission-critical systems
- Delivering high availability and performance
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing well-designed, efficient, and testable code
- Conducting software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging
- Ensuring designs comply with specifications
- Be an active member of our backend communities
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- +3 years of experience as a Java software developer (mandatory experience with Java 8 and latest versions)
- Experience with Spring and SpringBoot
- Knowledge of web architectures and services (HTTP, SOAP, REST, JSON)
- Knowledge of principles of microservices architecture design (clean and/or hexagonal architectures, message driven solutions)
- Knowledge of SOLID principles
- Experience with continuous integration tools, like GIT, JIRA, Jenkins, Maven
- Experience with cloud and containerized solutions (AWS, Azure, K8s, docker, etc.)
- Problem solver mindset: for a given context, think, design and present a solution for a diverse set of stakeholders (from CTO to architects and developers)
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Interest and motivation to explore and investigate new concepts and technologies.
- Knowledge on TELCO industry BSS architectures is preferable.
Proficiency in Portuguese (C2 level/native)
Proficiency in English (both spoken and written)
Ability to adapt to different contexts, teams and Clients
Teamwork skills but also sense of autonomy
Motivation for international projects and ok if travel is included
Willingness to collaborate with other players
Problem solver mindset
Availability to travel (short-term periods)
We want people who like to roll up their sleeves and open their minds. Believe this is you? Come join the Team!