When you visit this website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the website work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience.
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Below is a list of different categories of cookies that may be set and that you can freely change. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are required and must be accepted to use this site.
These cookies collect data about how visitors use this website.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests.
At Celfocus, we believe privacy matters. Ensuring that your information is handled with the utmost care and kept secure at all times is a vital concern of our daily operations. Reason why we have been developing a strong culture where all personnel has a clear understanding of the importance of privacy and works according to best practices to protect your information.
This Privacy Notice is meant to help you understand what personal information we collect and for what purposes, who we share that information with and what measures are taken to protect such information. Moreover, in this notice, you can find details about what are your rights as a data subject and how you can exercise those rights.
We recognise that keeping your information secure and private is an ongoing responsibility that we do not want to neglect, and so, this Privacy Notice may be subject to periodic changes as we undertake new personal data practices or adopt new privacy procedures.
How we collect and use your personal information
The amount and type of information that Celfocus actively collects depends on the nature of the interaction you have with us. Celfocus will gather certain information about you, as you choose to engage in any activities with us, either when you visit our website, subscribe to our newsletter, or attend any events where we are present.
The information requested is only the minimum necessary to fulfil the purposes of the visitor's interaction. You may always refuse to provide your personal information, with the caveat that it may prevent you from engaging in certain activities with Celfocus.
Provided that you give us your consent, we may use your personal information for purposes relating to the marketing of our content, products and services. This includes:
· Sending you newsletters, event announcements and other similar communications;
· Marketing or promoting our products or services to you; and
· Other purposes that we may disclose at the time we request your consent.
To facilitate any ongoing or proposed business dealings with you, Celfocus may collect and use certain information about you or your company. This includes your first and last name, your (corporate) email address, the name and location of your company and other information that you wish to share at your own free will.
The main purpose for requesting such information is to establish and maintain business relationships with you, so that we may provide our products or services requested by you or your company. Additionally, such information can also be used to:
· Communicate with you about updates, maintenance or other technical matters concerning these products or services;
· Provide you with training and support regarding the use of these products and services;
· Respond to questions or inquiries that you or your company may have about these products and services; and
If you are a job applicant and are seeking a career opportunity in our organisation, there are certain types of information that we may require from you, as permitted by law. This includes information such as your name and contact details (telephone number and/or email address), your employment history and/or educational qualifications, your criminal record, as well as any information provided by references or contained in your curriculum vitae (CV).
The collection of such personal information is solely for recruitment and selection purposes. We collect the aforementioned personal information in order to:
· Provide you with our human resource services and employment opportunities;
· Facilitate the recruitment process and initiate the admission procedure (if there is to be any);
· Evaluate your qualifications for a job opportunity and assess data about you against any vacancies which we may judge suitable for you;
· Respond to questions or inquiries that you may have about Celfocus and/or a specific job opportunity;
· Other purposes that we may disclose to you at the time we request your consent.
Use of Celfocus’ Website or other Celfocus Web Platforms
Celfocus has a legitimate interest in understanding how visitors use and navigate through its Web platforms, for the sole purpose of improving our platforms and provide you with more personalised and appealing content. Therefore, it is only expected that Celfocus' Web platforms collect certain information automatically (e.g. visited Web pages, time spent on each page, links clicked) to meet this purpose.
Other information of public nature, made available by Web browsers and servers, may also be collected and stored in log files to help Celfocus diagnose problems with its servers and administer its platforms. This includes information such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser types and operating systems, or the date and time of each visitor request.
Cookies are a small piece of information sent from a website and stored by the visitor's browser on the visitor's device. The idea behind cookies is that, for every time a user visits a website, cookies are sent back to the originating website to help the website remember information about the visitor and develop a record of the visitor's online activity.
Cookies used on Celfocus Web platforms
Cookies help us enhance your experience when using both our website and blog. The cookies used by Celfocus' Web platforms are to collect information about how visitors use our platforms (such as which pages are most popular, or the amount of time spent of each page), so that we can improve our platforms and better serve our visitors.
Additionally, when using our platforms, you may encounter embedded content, such as Vimeo videos, or you may be redirected to other websites and platforms. Keep in mind that these websites and embedded content may use their own cookies and we do not have any type of control over the cookies these may place.
By default, browsers are configured to automatically accept, and store cookies sent to them by websites. In case you wish to remove existing cookies or block future cookies from being saved on your device, you can do this through the browser's settings, at the cost of having certain features of Celfocus' Web platforms not being able to function properly without the help of cookies.
How we protect your information
At Celfocus, we are committed both to ensuring the privacy of the personal information that we may hold and also to complying with any applicable legislation regarding the privacy of data. Therefore, we maintain a set of physical, technical and organisational safeguards to protect any personal data collected or processed against its accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of or access to, as well as against any other form of illicit treatment:
· We protect the security and privacy of your information while in transit and at rest, by using appropriate encryption protocols and software;
· We periodically review our information security and privacy practices, procedures and technologies, to guarantee that these remain adequate and appropriate to the purposes described in this notice;
· We maintain a thorough information security and privacy awareness program, to ensure that all personnel are knowledgeable of the importance of the confidentiality, integrity, availability and privacy of your information;
· Access to personal information is restricted to only those employees and third-party service providers who require such information to perform their job duties. Nonetheless, anyone working in or with Celfocus is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and to administrative disciplinary actions if they fail to meet these obligations.
Despite all these precautions, failures may occur as no security measure is 100% reliable. In case of failure, we will make the necessary provisions to notify you and guide you through the steps to remain protected, in accordance with the applicable legislations and the conditions established by the competent data supervisory authority.
Transfers of Personal Information
The consented processing of your personal information by third-party companies working on behalf of Celfocus is not for their own independent use but to assist Celfocus in conducting its business operations and, therefore, servicing you:
· To assists us in our recruitment and admission activities. For this purpose, Celfocus may share your personal information with third-party human resource service providers or with other companies belonging to the Novabase Group.
Retention of Personal Information
Depending on the nature of the relationship you have with Celfocus, your data will be stored for different periods:
· If you are an applicant, your personal information will be kept for a period of 5 years, or for such time as required by Celfocus to comply with its legal obligations (for tax and accounting purposes);
· In any other case, we will retain your personal information for a period of 2 years counting from the last contact you had with Celfocus.
For information on how you can exercise your rights of access, rectification or deletion of your personal information, please refer to the section "DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS" of this Privacy Notice. If you request that we delete your personal information, we will make reasonable attempts to delete all instances of the information we may hold, provided that it is technically feasible and within the time frames established in applicable laws and regulations.
Data subject rights
Within the limits established by applicable laws or regulations, data subjects are wholly entitled to exercise their rights regarding the personal information that Celfocus may hold about them. Data subject rights include the right to be informed, the right of access, the right to rectification, the right to erasure, the right to restrict processing, the right to data portability and the right to object, as described in the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR).
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, you must make a request, in writing, either by email to the address email@example.com or by sending a registered letter to the postal address described in the contacts section of this Privacy Notice. We will make reasonable attempts, at no cost, to promptly respond to your request as may be required by applicable law. If such request cannot be handled within a reasonable time frame or is, for any reason, denied, Celfocus will provide you with an explanation for such outcoming.
You may also unsubscribe from any Celfocus' mailing list for which you have subscribed or registered to, by following the instructions given along with each newsletter or other contact of the nature.
In situations where you have concerns about how Celfocus processes your personal information or disagree with Celfocus' privacy practices and procedures, your right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority is also assured.
Privacy Notice changes
Given the primary purpose of our platforms - to provide its visitors with information about Celfocus' topics and latest news -, and the scope of our activities, changes to this Privacy Notice are not likely to occur. However, they may be done from time to time:
· If, at any time, we require to use your personal information for purposes other than those stated in this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by using a suitable method of contact and provide you with a choice as to whether you consent the use of your information for this new purpose or not;
· Other changes to this Privacy Notice will be done in our own discretion. Celfocus reserves the right to perform amendments to the Privacy Notice at any time, without notice to you, under the promise that your rights will never be disregarded and our practices for securing your information will never become less protected.
On the bottom of this page, you can see the date on which this Privacy Notice was last updated. Visitors are encouraged to frequently visit this page and check if any changes have been made. The continued use of our Web platforms and participation in our activities after a change has been made will be considered as an acceptance of such change.
How to contact us
Celfocus' headquarters are located at:
Av. Dom João II, no. 34
1998-031 Lisboa, Portugal
If you have any general questions or concerns about Celfocus' privacy policies or practices, please contact us at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, we have appointed an internal data protection officer who you may contact in case of a complaint regarding our compliance with applicable privacy laws. Celfocus' data protection officer can be reached at email@example.com.
or continue with
Already connected? Sign in.
Help us match your profile by telling us a bit more about yourself.
Be the first to know about our job openings.
Add people who can recommend you as a colleague.